Definition

Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म kárma , kárman- "act, action, performance"[1]; Pali: kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called samsara) described in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's all connected.

"The light that shines on me, is the light that shines on my neighbor. The light that shines on my enemy, is the light that shines on my friend. In this way, all things are connected."

In my early twenties, I had a brief flirtation with Buddhism, and things Zen. At least, I think the two are connected. Over the years, I keep coming back to it. I don't think I think of it as a religion, I think I think of it as a philosophy, a life path, a journey. I may not know enough about it to know if that's the case or not.

In the meantime, I continue to find myself moving towards lessening my attachments. I find myself wanting to live more in the moment, and less in the world. Here, I am going to blog about that journey, that learning, and how it affects me.

No comments: