Definition

Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म kárma , kárman- "act, action, performance"[1]; Pali: kamma) is the concept of "action" or "deed" in Indian religions understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called samsara) described in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Jesus asks for forgivness.

I heard a story today about a monk and a master. The monk had been studying under a master, but went to a new master. The new master asked, "So what did your last master teach you?"

The monk replied "He taught me that the true meaning of Buddhism is Agin asks for fire."

To which the master said "And what does that mean?"

The monk said "Well, Agin is the god of fire, and fire itself, so he asking for fire is like me seeking to be a Buddha, since he is fire and I am already a Buddha."

"Ah, it is as I feared" said the master, "You've missed the point completely!"

"Then master, what is the true meaning of Buddism?" asked the monk.

"Agin asks for fire." replied the master.

The monk understood.


My dialog is that Jesus asks for forgiveness.

No comments: